How to make a successful YouTube live with Vodalys.Studio?
Take advantage of the great possibilities of the YouTube Creator Studio, of the platform’s interface and combine all this with our Vodalys.Studio solution, it’s possible! How to create a live stream from YouTube Creator Studio? Follow the guide…
Create your event
Please note: the beta version of the new Creator Studio is also available, it may include some changes.
To create your live broadcast from the Creator Studio (in the Video Managers / Broadcast Now section), follow these few steps:
- Click on “New Live Event.”
- In the “General Information” section, you can fill in the title and general information of your event, its category and its confidentiality. As Type, select “Custom”.
- Click on “Advanced Settings”. You will be redirected to a page with many options to customize your broadcast. You will find settings for the language of your video, the ownership of rights, the age limit for example, if you want to activate the promotion of the live on your YouTube channel or activate the chat.
- Click on “Create your event”.
- Go to the “Ingest Settings” screen of your YouTube event. In the “Main Camera” tab, select the “Single Use Stream Key” option. Youtube will then display a section “Select your coder.”
At this step, you need to memorize the following 2 pieces of information (copy and paste into an email or file):
– Name of the stream. Example: mxx-w3yy-2ydq-28bs
– RTMP URL of the main server. Example: rtmp://a.rtmp.youtube.com/live2
Since you are on YouTube, take advantage of the platform’s audience to promote your event. Indeed, announce on your channel, via a dedicated video, the upcoming broadcast of your live event, giving the link to your live stream that you will have created. For more tips on how to promote your live broadcast, check out these tips.
If you’re having trouble setting up your event, you can also check out the YouTube how-to guide.
Broadcast your YouTube event with Vodalys.Studio
Is your YouTube event ready? Great, now go to your Vodalys.Studio account to create your event.
After selecting your formula and creating a new project, click on RTMP to choose the source. This is where you need to enter the server URL mentioned above, and the stream key that goes with it (as in our example: rtmp://a.rtmp.youtube.com/live2/mxx-w3yy-2ydq-28bs). This will link your YouTube event and your broadcast via Vodalys.Studio.
For the rest, it’s up to you to add sources if you have more (images or videos), then go to the Studio, before clicking on “Start streaming” and then activating your YouTube live on the “Live Control Room” page, which will definitely launch your broadcast. You’re live!
Start now on Vodalys.Studio.